Notification of processing personal data
Koninklijke Wielrijdersclub van Merksem vzw attaches great importance to the protection of personal data. These are data that allow us to identify you as a natural person. As soon as it is possible to make a direct or indirect link between one or more data and a natural person, one speaks of personal data. Your personal data will always be protected by us in accordance with Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of 27 April 2016 of the European Parliament and of the Council on the Protection of Individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data and repealing Directive 95/46 / EC (General Data Protection Regulation or GDPR) and national legislation implementing this Regulation.
This privacy statement has been drawn up in order to clearly communicate towards the processing of your personal data.
We ask you as a reader to pass this notice on to all persons whose personal data we process, who are in direct contact with you.
1) Responsible for processing
- The responsible for this processing is KWCM vzw (hereafter ‘KWCM’), Monikkenhofstraat 6, 2040 Antwerpen (Berendrecht), company number 0460.709.715.
- As the organisation responsible for processing KWCM will take all appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect personal data against accidental or unauthorized destruction, against accidental loss and any unauthorized processing of personal data.
- KWCM guarantees that no transfer to third countries for data processing or storage takes place without taking the necessary measures to comply with the protection requirements of European privacy legislation.
2) The personal data that is being processed
- KWCM collects the following personal data in this case:
- the contact details provided by you (name, e-mail, address) if you contact us, after use of this website, via our general e-mail address email@example.com or via firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
- KWCM does not collect special categories of personal data, such as data on race, political opinions, health, religious and other religious beliefs, sexual orientation, and the like.
- In addition, KWCM collects personal data to ensure the proper functioning of the website. KWCM uses various means to optimize the user experience and, if necessary, to analyze technical errors:
- Log-information: this concerns information such as the IP address;
- Information w.r.t. the used appliance such as hardware- and software information and network information;
- Local storage information.
3) Source of personal data
KWCM only processes the personal data that it obtains directly from you.
4) Purposes for data processing
- The personal data will only be processed in order to enable KWCM to answer and / or respond to the questions you have asked us via our e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The personal data will be used for automated decision making, including profiling. The underlying logic that will be used for this decision-making is Google Analystics. This processing is important to you, since it optimizes the interaction between you as a visitor and the website. The expected consequences of this decision-making, including profiling, are a better browsing experience.
- Your personal data will not be passed on to third parties in the context of this data processing.
5) Legal basis for data processing
6) Storage period
KWCM will retain your personal data as long as this is necessary for achieving the objectives mentioned in article 4. Thereafter the personal data will be deleted.
7) Your rights as a data subject
You can always exercise your rights by sending an e-mail (with proof of identity by a copy of the front of your identity card) to email@example.com. KWCM will formulate an answer within one month. Some rights can be exercised by yourself via the settings.
- You always have the right to withdraw your consent at any time, without this affecting the lawfulness of the processing on the basis of permission prior to its withdrawal.
- You have the right, at any time, to object to the processing of personal data relating to your personal situation when KWCM relies on legitimate interests. You must substantiate the specific reasons for this. KWCM will then cease processing unless it invokes compelling legitimate reasons for the processing that outweigh the interests, rights and freedoms of you as a data subject or that are related to the institution, exercise or substantiation of a legal claim.
- You have the right to obtain from KWCM a decision about whether or not to process your personal data and, if so, to view the personal data. KWCM will also provide the details of the processing when answering this request. KWCM will send you a copy of the personal data that is processed.
- You have the right to obtain a rectification of your relevant incorrect personal data from KWCM without delay. You can also have incomplete personal details completed. In some cases you can correct or supplement your personal data yourself, for example by accessing an application.
- You have the right to obtain erasions from KWCM without retardation to your personal data. In certain cases, KWCM is obliged to delete the personal data concerning you, which it will then also do.
If KWCM has made the personal information public and it is obliged to delete the personal data, it will take reasonable steps to inform other data controllers processing the personal data that you have requested KWCM for any link to, or copy or reproduction of, to delete that personal data. In some cases KWCM cannot delete certain personal data. You will be notified of this after a request for deletion, if that is the case.
- When you dispute the accuracy of the personal data, when the processing is unlawful and you object to the erasure of the personal data, when KWCM no longer needs the personal data for the processing purposes, but you still need it for the establishment, exercise or substantiation of a legal action or if you have objected to the processing, you have the right - in anticipation of any legitimate grounds raised by KWCM or while verifying the correctness of the data - to obtain a limitation of the processing.
In such a case, personal data, with the exception of their storage, will only be processed with your consent or for the institution, exercise or substantiation of a legal claim or for the protection of the rights of another natural person or legal entity or for serious reasons of general interest for the European Union or for a Member State.
- You have the right to obtain the personal data you have personally provided to KWCM in a structured, standard and machine-readable form, and you have the right to transfer this information to another controller. This is possible when the processing is based on consent or on an agreement where you are a party involved, or when the processing is done by automated processes.
- After all, you always have the right to submit a complaint to the supervisory authority, namely the Data Protection Authority.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files that are placed by a page of the website on the computer or on the mobile device of the visitor. In a cookie information is stored, such as certain preferences of the visitor. The cookie contains a unique code that allows to recognize your browser during the visit to the website (a so-called 'session' cookie) or during subsequent, repeated visits (a so-called 'permanence' cookie).
Cookies can be placed by the server of the website you are visiting or by partners with whom this website cooperates. The server of a website can only read the cookies that he has placed himself, he has no access to other information that is on your computer or mobile device. Cookies are stored on your computer or mobile device in the folder of your browser. The content of a cookie usually consists of the name of the server that placed the cookie, an expiry date and a unique numeric code.
Cookies generally make the interaction between the visitor and the website easier and faster and help the visitor to navigate between the different parts of a website. Cookies can also be used to make the content of a website or the publicity on a website more relevant to the visitor and to adapt to his personal taste and needs.
Cookies and similar technologies do not, however, allow us to systematically collect data that could identify the users of our website. They only help us to improve the functioning of our website, to understand the interests of our users and to measure how effective the content of our website is.
You therefore have the right to oppose the intended processing of personal data on request and free of charge. You also have the right to access your data, improve or erase it. You also have the right to limit this processing of personal data, as well as the right to object or to transfer your personal data. After all, you also have the right to file a complaint with the Privacy Commission regarding this processing of personal data.
The collected data is kept for a maximum of one year. After that, all data is deleted.
Which cookies are being used ?
1. Necessary cookies
These cookies are indispensable to visit our websites and to use certain parts of them. These cookies allow you, for example, to navigate between the various parts of the website or, for example, to fill out forms. If you refuse these cookies, certain parts of the website will not work or will not work optimally.
2. Functional cookies
The functional cookies are the cookies that facilitate the functioning of our websites and make it more pleasant for the visitor and ensure that you get a more personalized surfing experience. For example, it are the cookies that remember your preference.
3. Performancy cookies
This website also uses Google Analytics. Cookies collect information about the way in which visitors navigate through our website with the intention to improve the content of our website, to adapt more to the wishes of the visitors and to increase the usability of our website.
4. Third party cookies
The website also contains elements from other third parties, such as video services, social media buttons or advertisements.
Refusal of Cookies
You can set your browser to notify you that a cookie is being placed or that the collection of cookies is not possible. However, you cannot use all the features of the site.
You can also indicate whether or not you give permission for the website to place tracking cookies and to change this choice at any time.
You can also delete the already installed cookies from your computer or mobile device at any time.
How to do this for the most commonly used browsers: